The information required are necessary for your registration. In accordance with the Law "Informatique et Liberté*" n°78-17 dated January the 6th 1978, you have the right to access, modify, and delete your personal data.
* "Computing and liberty"
This site has been opened by VALEO for information purposes only. No commercial use may be made of any data, or parts of any data, presented on this site, without the prior written permission of VALEO.
Taken together, the presentation and content of this site constitute a work of intellectual property belonging to VALEO and, as such, are protected by the laws currently in force. No reproduction and/or representation, be it whole or in part, may be made of this site without the prior, written permission of VALEO.
The VALEO brand name, the VALEO logo, as well as the slogans used, are, unless otherwise stated, registered trademarks. All reproduction, use and/or modification made without the prior written permission of VALEO, is liable to constitute an infringement of copyright.
Drawings, photographs, images, texts, video sequences, with or without sound, and other documents posted on the current Internet site are subject to industrial and/or intellectual property laws and, as such, are the property of VALEO or of a third party having granted VALEO limited permission to use them.
As such, any reproduction, representation, adaptation, translation and/or transformation, be it whole or in part, or transfer to another site are prohibited.
These items may be copied for private use. Reproduction of these items, be it whole or in part, without the prior written permission of VALEO, is strictly prohibited, with the exception of that performed in accordance with the needs of the press.
I. How are Personal Data collected?
Your Personal Data are collected when you browse on or use the Website and services offered on it (the “Services”).
Your Personal Data are collected:
- directly from you when you fill in forms or provide your email address on the Website, including when you apply for a job offer with the Valeo group, subscribe for an email alert, contact us, access the Valeo Medialibrary Services or use the shareholders’ private area;
- with your consent, if applicable, when you browse on or use the Website, via cookies. For more details, please see Section V of the Charter.
Refusing to provide certain Personal Data may limit your use of the Website and its functionalities and Services if such Personal Data are necessary for such use.
II. What Personal Data are collected?
Valeo collects only the Personal Data that is necessary for the purposes described below (cf. Section III of the Charter).
Under the conditions specified in this Charter, Valeo may collect and process the following Personal Data:
- title (Mr., Mrs., Ms., Dr., etc.), first and last name, address email, telephone number, fax address
- professional information (degrees, desired job, experience, languages, personal data contained in your curriculum vitae and cover letter, etc.), and
III. Why are your Personal Data processed?
Valeo collects and processes your Personal Data only for the following purposes:
- administration and technical management of the Website, its functionalities and Services,
- to measure the Website’s audience to obtain information on visitors’ browsing,
- to satisfy your requests depending on the Service you have requested:
- to process and manage your application for a job in the Valeo group
- to send email alerts providing you with information about the Valeo group
- to provide the Services and functionalities offered in the shareholders’ private area: to send dedicated documentation, periodically and automatically, to send an eNewsletter about recent events in the Valeo group
- to send journalists email alerts
- to process questions, comments and other requests you wish to make by contacting us via the Website’s “contact” tab
- to provide the Valeo Medialibrary Service, and
- to share certain content of the Website on social platforms.
IV. Who receives your Personal Data?
Your Personal Data may be disclosed to the following recipients:
- Valeo’s services staff and its service providers in charge of managing and hosting the Website and its Services
- Valeo’s Human Resources Department to process job applications, and
- the service providers who manage the cookies described in Section V, if their cookies are accepted.
V. What cookies are used and for what purposes?
The cookies used by Valeo and their purposes are as follows:
- session cookies to facilitate your browsing on the Website and/or your use of the Services;
- Google Analytics, a website analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”) to measure the Website’s audience;
- social buttons, such as Facebook’s “like” button or Twitter’s “logo”, to be able to share the Website’s content on social platforms.
VI. What security and privacy measures are taken?
Only Valeo’s staff who need your Personal Data, to perform their responsibilities at Valeo and for the purposes described above, will have access to such data.
VII. How to exercise your rights of access, correction and opposition?
If you wish to access, modify, correct or delete any Personal Data that are inaccurate or outdated, or object to the processing of your Personal Data, for legitimate reasons, you may contact us at Valeo Group Communications - Digital Department, 43 rue Bayen, 75017 Paris, France.
VIII. Updating of the Charter
Valeo reserves the right to modify this Charter at any time. You will be informed of any significant modification of this Charter with an “update” notice, with the date of such update.
IX. Definition of cookie
A cookie is a text file placed on your computer when you visit a website or viewing an advertisement. It aims to collect information about your browsing and to send you services tailored to your device (computer, mobile or tablet) for.
Cookies are managed by your web browser.
X. How to disable cookies?
You can always choose to disable these cookies. Your browser can be set to alert you to cookies, which are stored in your computer and ask you to accept or not.
You can accept or reject cookies on a case by case basis or disallow cookies.
If your browser is configured to refuse all cookies, you cannot enjoy some of our services. To manage cookies closer to your expectations please change your browser settings taking into account the purpose of the cookies.
In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
On the General tab, under Browsing History, click Settings.
Click the View Files button.
Go to the Tools tab of the browser and select the Options menu
In the window that appears, select Privacy and click Show Cookies
In your browser, choose Edit> Preferences menu.
Click Show Cookies.
Click the icon in the Tools menu.
Click the Advanced tab and go to the Privacy section.
Click the Show Cookies button.
XI. Valeo camera recording project – privacy statement
Valeo Schalter und Sensoren GmbH , Laiern str. 12, 74321, Bietigheim Bissingen (hereinafter "Valeo"), is a technology company and car equipment manufacturer. Valeo records video images from tests conducted in a number of countries, including Italy, for research and development purposes. Valeo needs to record in a variety of locations in order to have data samples of road landscape (city, country road and highway) and the camera needs to detect real life situation on normal roads so that this data can be used to develop specific algorithms. Therefore, in such recording Valeo may also capture some images including personal data. The purpose of such recordings is only research and development. The recordings will be evaluated only in connection with the camera's safety performance and will be shared only within Valeo research and development departments, with one partner of Valeo cooperating on this project as data processor and with regulatory authorities involved in it. In case your personal data has been processed in the context of such recordings, you can ask for more information and/or exercise your rights pursuant section 7 of legislative Decree no. 196 of 2003 (Privacy Code) by submitting a request to (email@example.com)